Natuurpunt - Our 1% Partner
Sustainability Consult, as a 1% for the Planet member, is committed to giving 1% of its sales to an environmental non-profit. Since 2013, we have chosen to give 1% of our sales to Flemish nature conservation NGO Natuurpunt.
Our first Natuurpunt contribution helped improve visitor information and access to nature in the Steentjesbos wood in the Flanders region of Belgium. The Steentjesbos wood is a vital link in a larger network of sites, mostly large forest complexes, significant for the preservation of local biodiversity. Sustainability Consult’s 1% funded a new signposted path, information boards, children's play area, rest bench and totem pole.
Helping to make the Mechels Broek reserve more accessible for walkers, in 2014 our 1% sponsored the refurbishment of the Muizen Visitors’ Centre. The following year, in the Silsombos in Flanders, we sponsored a picnic bench and information boards. For our fourth project, we assisted Natuurpunt with the acquisition of the Bezoekerscentrum Groene Vallei (Green Valley Visitors’ Centre). The Sustainability Consult Team joined the celebrations and walk organised to mark the opening of the project in July 2016.
Natuurpunt is the largest Belgian nature conservation NGO. To protect important habitats, species and landscapes, the organisation buys and manages land, studies species and habitats, runs educational and awareness raising programmes and lobbies local and regional governments.
- Hunting for Orchids in the Flemish Woodlands
- Kathryn Sheridan Talks Sustainability With NatuurpuntKathryn Sheridan Talks Sustainability With Natuurpunt
- Groene Vallei Visitors' Centre Opens Its Doors
- Going Wild In Flanders! The Great Outdoors On Brussels’ Doorstep
- Sustainability Consult And NNFCC Launch New Bioeconomy Services
- New Partnership With NatuurpuntNew Partnership With Natuurpunt
- Sustainability Consult And Natuurpunt Announce 1% for the Planet PartnershipSustainability Consult And Natuurpunt Announce 1% for the Planet Partnership